Saturday, March 16, 2013

Candice Diddle: Capturing Life's Best Moments


As a young teen Candice Diddle’s dreams about what she wanted to be when she grew up were varied. “I wanted to be a veterinarian but I didn't think I could handle the sadness that came from it.  But really what I wanted was to save animals. I wanted to have land and have them all out there.
Then I thought I wanted to be a travel agent because I like the idea of traveling.” The busy and attractive young mother of four today had no idea she would someday be leading an active women’s networking group and run her own business, too.

Living in a family that moved many times, Candice cherished times with friends. That included English style horseback riding, much time with friends, and on the phone. Some of her best memories are of visiting her grandparents in Pittsburg, Kansas, where she was born. The visits with her grandmother are “treasured memories because my grandmother’s not around anymore.”

She met her high school sweetheart, Jerry, at work. “I was working in an ice cream store in Olathe and I saw him come in with this family and he was bulkin’ up for football. So he kept comin’ into the ice cream store and one afternoon we just got to talking. Found out he was the guy from Michigan my friend had told me about. So we just became friends. Eventually I started dating Jerry and next thing you know a year later we’re married.” Their youngest of four children are 13 year old twins.

From volunteering in the schools when her children were young to having fun with Creative Memories for a time, Candice’s life is quite different now. She reflects with a bit of incredulity in her voice, “I'm a very shy personality.
I have grown a lot over the last three years (since the networking group began). I have a lot of respect for people that come to something and not know anybody, not know a single soul. I have a lot of respect for that because I need my sidekick.” Not many people will find those words believable as they watch this pretty blonde lead a group of eighty-plus business women in relationship building, aka networking, for the success of their businesses.

Candice and a few friends organized Kansas City Women’s Network, originally a MeetUp group, in 2010. It has developed a life of its own with a personal website and private Facebook group to sing the praises of its members. The women support members by purchasing services or products from each other, giving public shout outs, and forming friendships through their joint activities. Except for the fact that it is led by volunteers, KCWN is operated as a successful small business.

Amazingly, when the group first formed, Candice did not actually have her own business. She tells how her business came about, “I’ve always had a passion for photography. I was always taking pictures of the kids growing up and taking pictures of the boys in their sports. My friend Dena said I should make a business of this. Well, me being queen of volunteer, it’s hard for me to think business. Somebody would actually pay money for my photos?”

Dena continued to encourage her and then another friend, Vickie, helped pull her thoughts together about it. Together they arrived at the name KC Capture Sports Photography. Candice’s new business was born.

“It was kind of like a perfect storm that came together. I love just capturing moments. I love capturing emotion. One thing about photography it can just mold to whatever you like.”

Has the journey to leader and business owner changed her? “I am a much stronger person. I like the change. But I don’t know that I could have done this without so many women being involved who brought their own gifts and talents. I feel so grateful.”

These two businesses are a reflection of who Candice really is. “I’m a mom. That’s who I am. I’m not a business savvy person. I care about the businesses of these women. I care about them.”

Besides a wonderful and supportive husband, Candice adds, “Faith plays a huge role in my life.”

Understanding that Candice is first a nurturer, it’s easy to see why capturing great moments in people’s lives makes her clients happy. It’s easy to see why the networking group she leads has developed into so many supportive relationships.

When it’s important to you that memories of events are captured, contact Candice Diddle. KC Capture Photography will delight your future when you look back through its lens.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Who does this story remind you of? Briefly share their story why they inspire you.